(10 – 12 Servings)
- 2 pkgs. “JIFFY” Golden Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 jar (11.75 oz) hot fudge topping
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling, reserving a few for garnish (optional)
- 1 container (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate shavings (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8” round pans.
Combine cake mixes, pudding mix, cocoa and margarine or butter. Add water and eggs. Beat on low until blended. Beat an additional 3 – 4 minutes on medium. Pour into pans. Bake 34 – 38 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed. Cool slightly. Remove from pan, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Using a sharp knife, slice each horizontally making four cakes. Place one on serving plate. Spread 3 tablespoons of fudge topping on cake. Spread 1/3 of pie filling over topping. Repeat layering process with two more cakes ending with fourth cake on top. Frost cake with whipped topping. Garnish with cherries (optional) and sprinkle with chocolate shavings (optional). Refrigerate before serving. For best results, slice when well chilled.
All recipes are subject to change. We may, at our discretion, alter or remove a recipe from the website or package. We recommend printing or saving an electronic version of beloved recipes to ensure their availability for later use.