Logistics Order Tracking Clerk
The Order Tracking Clerk is responsible for tracking the movement of customer orders in the distribution/transportation system. He/she is responsible for communicating with all levels in the distribution system (including buyers, warehouses, and carriers) to obtain information on deliveries. Often must deal with vendors in a firm (but fair) manner in order to get required information. The person in this position understands the necessity for accuracy, attention to detail and the importance the function has in the ability of the Company to achieve its goals.
This position requires:
- High school diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Must have highly developed communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated/verifiable customer relations skills—the proven ability to recognize internal and external customers and to exceed their expectations consistently.
- Ability to be firm and respectful with vendors, when required.
- Strong computer skills required. Working experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to learn newly-implemented computer systems/programs.
- Good basic math skills required.
- Proficiency using Internet or PC-based transportation planning tools/applications a plus.
- Knowledge of the distribution processes (how brokers, contract carriers, LTL trucking companies and warehouses operate) preferred.
- Two to five years’ prior experience in a logistics related field preferred. The Quality Assurance Specialist uses his/her education & expertise to accomplish quality system planning, implementation, auditing and follow-up activities throughout the manufacturing operations. The Specialist serves as a quality systems developer and internal auditor to actively support the Company’s objectives of providing consumers with high quality products at the most reasonable cost.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
All postings are for positions at the Chelsea, Michigan based “JIFFY” Mix plant, unless noted otherwise.