(12 – 15 Servings)
- 2 pkgs. “JIFFY” Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 lb spicy pork sausage meat
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (15 oz) black-eyed peas, drained
- 3/4 cup cream style corn
- 1/2 cup canned green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned pickled jalapeños, chopped and drained
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13” x 9” pan.
Break sausage into chunks and brown over medium heat. Add onions; break up sausage until meat is lightly browned and cooked thoroughly, about 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. In separate bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and oil. Add muffin mix, stirring until mixture is just moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Stir in meat mixture, cheese, peas, corn, chilies and jalapeños. Pour batter into pan. Bake 50 – 60 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes.
All recipes are subject to change. We may, at our discretion, alter or remove a recipe from the website or package. We recommend printing or saving an electronic version of beloved recipes to ensure their availability for later use.